The Operational Art Of War IV Download Bittorrent
Download ->->->-> DOWNLOAD
About This Game
The legend is back!
The Operational Art of War IV is the new generation of operational wargames. With more flexibility than before and with a new array of exciting features, it will make you relive the most iconic battles from the dawn of the 20th Century to modern day, including the ones that never occurred!
More than 200 scenarios like the Battle of Marne, Dien Bien Phu, the Batte of Arnhem, the Falkland Invasion - and lots more! - will forge your strategy skills and ability to master all kind of troops and terrains!
The entire naval warfare system has been completely revised and implemented, bringing its realism to a new, higher, level!
The supply system has been greatly enhanced, allowing a more gradual simulation without adding extra tasks to the players.
In addition, the game will feature an Improved combat resolution, a much more consistent combat round management, along with major improvements to the TOAW Editor Event system, making complex scenarios easier to create!
A new Battlefield Time Stamp feature takes on TOAW's unique way of handling game turn resolution and makes it easier for players to plan ahead!
And for those among you intimidated by large scenarios, an Improved PO/AI assist automation exists to make handing off part of your friendly forces to the AI easier!
The Operational Art of War IV is the top-notch military simulation that every wargamer needs!
New naval warfare features
- The modeling of ships has been improved. Instead of treating ships as a single piece of equipment, like a gun or a squad, they are now treated as complex systems that incur damage in combat. Ships have new armor, durability, accuracy, speed, and agility parameters.
- Embarked units no longer employ their own strengths in defense. Naval combat now evaluates attackers’ Anti-Naval strengths as individual shots/planes – employing their shell weights to determine armor penetration and resulting damage.
- Sea Interdiction can now be employed by aircraft, ships, and coastal guns. Ships subjected to sea interdiction fire counterbattery back (or, in the case of carriers, counterstrikes).
New Supply system
- There is now an intermediate supply state that falls between “Supplied” and “Unsupplied”. It’s called “Overextended”. A new parameter called the Overextended Supply Threshold has been implemented. That is the location supply value below which locations are overextended. Units in such hexes will function somewhat between how supplied and unsupplied units function. The result will be that it will be much more difficult for units to press on at red-lined unit conditions from such locations.
- Motorized unit movement over improved roads can be set by the designer to be less than one MP per improved road hex (for example, ½ MP per hex). If optioned, this affects supply in that supply lines traced over improved roads will extend proportionately further than over other terrain, like regular roads. Note how this would especially affect desert scenarios.
- The limit of 50% unit supply recovery per turn has been lifted.
Other game features
- Range Limits: Ranged units can have their nominal ranges player limited. This can be used to tailor bomber ranges to match fighter cover ranges or to make units with multiple range equipment operate within the range of the shortest-ranged equipment. The DBR will reflect the modified range.
- Deployment Recovery: Ranged units retain their deployment states after combat and ground assaulters can recover theirs if a planned combat is canceled.
- New Bridge Destruction Rules: There is an option to limit bridge hexes (for destruction purposes) to locations where the road feature graphically crosses the river feature.
- Combat Report Review. Combat reports are saved in the pbl/sal files for review by both players during their player turns.
- Adaptation of Matrix’s PBEM++ system.
Title: The Operational Art of War IV
Genre: Simulation, Strategy
Release Date: 15 Nov, 2017
This product is falsely advertised as having more than 200 scenarios, when in fact it only offers 3 scenarios, including the tutorial. I reported this product to Steam for legal violation due to its false advertising. Utterly disappointed by Slitherine and Steam for allowing this product to be listed.. Thumbs up to make up for the thumbs down from the guy that thought there were only three scenarios. Click the folder button!. tl;dr: This game is actually hundreds of games, utilizing a highly flexible and complex game engine, and includes a scenario editor. Its a bargain at twice the price. It is definitely a little dated. If you like wargames, don't hesitate. You'll get hundreds of hours out of it.
I have been playing this game, on and off, for over twenty years.
There is a reason I keep playing this game. I love the old hex wargames of the 70s and 80s. But I absolutely hate math, and I am deeply lazy. The old hexgames, they require dice, pen and paper and a calculator, to determine the outcomes of combat, sometimes even movement points for individual units require calculation. You must consider terrain, weather, supply status. You're human, so is your opponent, you make a mistake here or there, and maybe don't realize it for a couple turns, which screws up everything.
Put all that to one side and think about the space you need for these boardgames, both when you aren't playing them and when you are. Setting up a boardgame with hundreds of pieces can take an hour or more. Resetting one can be even more work.
Look, all things considered, its an expensive, time-consuming hobby.
Here's why I keep playing this game.
When you purchase TOAW you are effectively buying hundreds of traditional hex wargames, all with lovingly prepared maps, orders of battle, and prescripted events, as well as a surprisingly competent A.I. You are also buying software that does the hard, boring stuff for you - in seconds. You can save a game and come back to it after months and find all the pieces right where you left them.
To me this game is a bargain at twice the price. (If you don't buy that, go look up the price of games like 'Fire in the Lake,' 'Russian Front,' and 'Silver Bayonet.' That's three games with less than a tenth of the scenarios on offer here.)
That all said, it's worth noting that this game is, in many ways, identical to the game I bought in 1998. That's disappointing because in 2019, TOAW is showing its age. I had less than a gig of RAM back in the day, I've got 16 gigs now, this game still churns when resolving big battles. Scrolling over the minimap and the mainmap feels clunky. Visually, the game is quite dated. There's some comfort in having the same experience I had in '98, and it certainly makes it easy to hop back in after months of not playing, but I can't help but feel that even a little polishing could make this game more accessible.
It being 2019 and all we kind of need a tl;dr.
tl;dr: This game is actually hundreds of games, utilizing a highly flexible and complex game engine, and includes a scenario editor. Its a bargain at twice the price. It is definitely a little dated. If you like wargames, don't hesitate. You'll get hundreds of hours out of it.
Hyperdevotion Noire: Ultimate Estelle Set [hacked]
Will Glow the Wisp full crack [Torrent]
Abyssal Fall full crack [Password]
MotoGP 15 Compact Activation Code [Xforce]
Police Helicopter Simulator Torrent Download [serial number]
SQR FULL [key serial]
Animal Lover - Original Soundtrack Download Crack Serial Key keygen
SUPER BENBO QUEST: TURBO DELUXE [License]
BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition download windows 10 free
HIT activation unlock code and serial