These last few months our team has been busily working away in our secret volcano lair in preparation to unleash Hot Lava to the public. While, the official launch is still a ways off, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be rolling out our first stress test on
Players who signed up on the initial beta registration will have first priority in order according to when they signed up. The first wave of participants will be admitted on
. About 2,000 players will be allowed in. Future, larger waves of Beta players will follow in additional beta phases.
If you signed up previously, check the email you signed up with for your reservation code. If you haven't signed up yet, you can head over to
If you are selected to participate, the game will be granted directly to your Steam inventory. Simply visit our site and login through Steam to secure your place in line.
The Beta has been postponed by 1 week to April 10th through the 17th. Please see this post for details
. Open Beta Begins Today!
Just wanted to make a quick note that open beta has begun for Hot Lava and explain a little about what that means, and where we are going to go from here.
As of yesterday we gave out the game to over 12k people who signed up for the closed beta for Hot Lava. We're extremely thankful to everybody for their interest, thanks for all your helpful feedback and bug reports.
As of today all new players can purchase the game from Steam. We have the final price of the game set for 12.99.. One for yourself and one for a friend. However, we are pricing the game at a discount to for people who purchase before launch at $9.99 for 2 copies of the game.
We're not quite ready for the massive rush of early-access yet. When a game goes into early-access it becomes part of the entire Steam ecosystem with curators, reviews, banner rotations and top sellers lists. So we're keeping a low profile for now until we believe we are ready for early-access.
Buy it now for $9.99 - 2-for-1 - See you at School!
Send us bug reports here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/178-hot-lava-beta-bug-tr...
Send us feedback here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/177-hot-lava-beta-sugges...
HOTFIX - - 273105
- Fixed issue with groups where joining didn’t appear to do anything
- Fixed issue with groups where joining left the game without a playable character
- Fix third person causing replays to rewind. Replay’s position bar can be interacted with mouse, keyboard, and gamepad
- Fixed several instances of “player stuck at 0,0,0”
- Fixed issue with intro music
- Fix for players not appearing when they should
- Optimized player collider
- Fixed several lobster traps and spawn point issues in school and tutorial
- Clear navigation target when switching game modes
- Gamepad support for gift box selection
- Fix for leaderboard replays starting when the player exits the menu before the replay downloads
Hotfix - 273368
- Fixed issue preventing groups from forming in full levels
- You can now join a group from out of game, Hot Lava will launch directly into the groups game
- Fixed various bugs in group join
. Hot Lava Beta Phase 1 Now Closed
The first phase of Hot Lava closed beta is now closed.
Thank you to everybody who participated and sent us feedback and bug reports. We got a lot of valuable feedback and information that has really helped us know where we need to be going forward. For the most part, we didn't have any major unforseen issues and the feedback was right on track with what we were expecting to see.
This means we're now getting ready for phase 2!
Tuesday May 8th will begin Phase 2 of closed beta. All previous participants will once again be granted access to the game and we will add and additional 3k participants.
Beta registration will close on May 11th - At that time no further registrations will be accepted.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change and we will make announcement as we get closer to confirm the time and date of phase 2 launch.
Thanks to everybody for all your support and encouragement, it really means a lot to us. See you on May 8th!. Update #9 - Who's That